- There are new publications on children rights available for download on our site.
Last update of site:
Comes from each dollar invested into Early Childhood Development.
Global Handwashing Day-2018: Clean Hands – a Recipe for Health
October 15th is Global Handwashing Day! This year, the Global Handwashing Day theme focuses on the links between handwashing and food – including food hygiene and nutrition.
Handwashing is an important part of keeping food safe, preventing diseases, and helping children grow strong. Our tagline, Clean hands – a recipe for health, reminds us to make handwashing a part of every meal.
Here are a few ways you can make a difference this Global Handwashing Day:
· Wash your hands with soap at critical times, especially before eating, cooking, or feeding others.
· Model good handwashing behavior, and remind or help others to always wash their hands before eating.
· Make handwashing part of your family meals.
· Establish places to wash your hands in the household, in your community, in schools, workplaces, and in health facilities.
· Promote effective handwashing behavior change in research, policy, programs, and advocacy.
Clean hands – a recipe for health!